Ocean Grove, NJ






I did it! I drove to the beach! We picked the beautiful town of Ocean Grove to go to. It's a picturesque little Victorian village right on the ocean! It was so beautiful, quaint and charming. The driving was super easy! JP was an excellent navigator. My friend lent me her Garmin GPS but we never even needed it. We rented a Zipcar and got a Volvo S40, it was a very smooth ride. It only took us about an hour and 15 minutes to get down there. We left around 9:00 so as to not hit too much traffic. We only had the Zipcar till 3:00, because that was the only time it was available. So we only were there a few hours, but we just wanted to get a taste for driving and to see the ocean anyway. Our plan was to get there safe, practice driving (since I hardly ever drive) and if we had time for a dip and a nosh, then that was a bonus! We actually had time for about an hours worth of swimming in the ocean and then bonus time for walking the boardwalk and having a nice lunch. I can't wait to go back there for longer. There was no traffic on the way back, but the opposite direction, going to the beach, was totally at a stand-still. Dorian loved digging in the sand and Giacomo loved getting whacked by the waves!

1 Comments:
This looks like a great time! We had an ocean trip ourselves a couple weeks ago. We went to Bristol RI but forgot our camera! Oh well - no beach time for us, but we had some great seafood and Elliott saw the ocean for the 1st time. Fell right asleep with the salty breeze. Later this summer, Cape Cod - and I'm already packing the camera.
Great photos of the fam! -Dan
3:30 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home