This is a blog about 2 little brothers, their friends, their family, their excursions, their firsts. Please enjoy the pictures, and leave us a comment too!! We love to see who's dropping bye!

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Cooking Monsters!





Today I took Giacomo to a free trial class at one of NYC's most $$$ place for kids to take classes, Appleseeds. It was called Cooking Monsters! G LOVED it, I LOVED it!

It was in the Flatiron District. In the class they made an arugala salad with chopped figs, parmesan cheese and a balsamic vinaigarette. They also made an Israeli cous-cous salad with snow peas, asparagus, carrots and more parmesan cheese, and a berry crips for dessert! The teacher gave them each ingredient individually to taste, and explained every one, and to my surprise Giacomo liked everything! I couldn't believe it, he is a very picky eater, saying alot of the time - before he tries anything new - that he doesn't like it. I was thrilled with the class, although finding out the cost was not so thrilling, it worked out to be $43.00 a class for 45 minutes, just a tad on the expensive side dont ya think?!

The most amazing part of the class, was that one of the dad's there was my classmate Leo from elementary school!! I haven't seen him in 20 years and I recognized him right off the bat! We had a blast catching up. He was there with his wife and 2 years old daughter.

After the class I took G to Madison Square Park and saw Laura Bennett! One of the finalists from Project Runway last year! She was the pregnant redhead with the 6 kids, remember her?! I had a nice chat with her because she was helping G on the slide. She was there w/ her baby who is the same age as Dorian. I told her that, I too, was a reality TV star, err has-been... I asked her how her fashion designing career is going and she said she makes more $$$ doing commercials! Just this morning she had shot a Saturn Commercial. Lucky Her. Hey Baby Story! Where's my commercial!?!?!??!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home