Embarrasing Moments on the PATH
Today we were on the PATH train coming back from the city, and a homeless man came through our car and was banging on a can and asking if "anyone wanted to help the homeless today". So Giacomo raises his hand. There are about 100 people in our car, it's crowded, so not too many people saw him raise his hand. I quickly put his hand down and explained to him how some people have no homes, are homeless and sometimes people come around and ask for money and if I had some change that I sometimes give, etc, etc. So Giacomo points to the man sitting directly across from us, who has dreadlocks and looks a tad bit scroungy, but perfectly fine at the same time, and says (so innocently), "That man has no home." Oh jeez! Here we go, "Shhhh...", I say to Giacomo, "Keep your thoughts in your head.....", etc... SO about 2 minutes later he points to a real fugly lady, I don't mean to be rude, but she wasn't the prettiest horse in the stable, and to a kid - could have looked a little like a man, and what do you think happenned next!? Giacomo points to her and says, again so innocently, "Look at that man, mommy! He has girl hair!". Oh boy - I turned red - because our friendly neighbors did hear him! Not the man....err lady..... but still. When the doors flew open at our stop, we high-tailed it outta there and did a pop-a-wheelie with our Maclaren!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home