Painting Party for the Moms!





About once a month, I go out with a group of moms for a Mom's Night Out. It's not the playgroup Giacomo's been in since he was an infant, but some moms I recently met over the past year since he's been in pre-school. Usually we go to a bar or restaurant, but this time one of the moms suggested we go to an art studio and paint! So, being a former art history student, and not having made any art in quite a few years, I thought it would be great fun. Everyone was to pay $40 for supplies and instruction, and to bring a bottle of wine and some food to share. I thought we'd be painting a still-life, or something there. But we just could paint whatever we wanted. The instructors had prepped a few of the canvases to be made into 8X10 picture frames. I don't know why but I thought this would be easier for me, not so challenging to create a great piece of art with nothing really to inspire me or work with, except the thoughts in my head - which are always KID related - go figure. Anyhoo - I think I made a fun picture frame for the kids to enjoy for years, the tried and true animalia I always draw for G and I stuck his school picture in it. I think it was pretty successful!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home