This is a blog about 2 little brothers, their friends, their family, their excursions, their firsts. Please enjoy the pictures, and leave us a comment too!! We love to see who's dropping bye!

Thursday, January 03, 2008

First Fever :-(





Would you believe that in almost 4 years, that's right 4 YEARS!, Giacomo has never had a fever!! Wouldn't you guess it - the one day that he gets one is X-Mas eve!

The morning started off normal: not wanting to eat breakfast - that's normal, little bit o' whining - normal. We head into the city to see the famous X-Mas windows at Macy's and whatever other department stores we have the energy to go to, I had a huge walking tour planned for us. We get there and Giacomo wants nothing to do with looking at the windows. I think this is a bit strange, since he loves this kind of stuff. He goes coo-coo over one nutcracker! one tree! The whole time over there on the Path he was quiet with his head tilted to the side and a sad look on his face - very lethargic. I was just hoping that when we got off the packed Path he'd be OK. Well he really didn't want to get out of the stroller, so we just kinda waited it out a little bit until we decided to head back. And that was just the right thing to do. Giacomo fell asleep on the Path and slept for 4 hours. Then he slept from 8pm to 8am. Now this did cause alarm. He hasn't napped in over 2 years! AND he always wakes up at the crack of dawn. So I took his temperature, atleast 10X because I didn't know if the thermometer was accurate. I took his temp in the ear, the armpit, and under the tongue, he didn't like that much - but hey, atleast I spared him the rectal! He had about 100.5. Very sad. Good thing is was over in 24 hours.

On a happy note, Dorian always smiles when the camera is pointed at him and JP did truly enjoy his kebab infront of the Lord & Taylor windows!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home