This is a blog about 2 little brothers, their friends, their family, their excursions, their firsts. Please enjoy the pictures, and leave us a comment too!! We love to see who's dropping bye!

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A Dumbo Easter




On the Saturday before Easter, Dumbo was having a free! Easter celebration with an egg hunt, bands, face painting, all kinds of kids stuff. So I was just dying to go, because I LOVE Dumbo and thought it would be alot of fun! There were supposed to be 15,000 eggs hidden, so ofcourse we would fine atleast 1, right?! Well, we got there on time, but there were already 200 people on line waiting to get into the park! This is the problem with Free events in NYC!!! I should have known...

Well, we waited about 1/2 an hour on line, then when we got in all the eggs were gone :-( I was so sad, I really wanted Gicaomo to hunt for the eggs. So when we did get into the park, he saw there was a face painting booth, and he just had to have a dragon painted on his face, even if it meant stading online for an hour! And that is what we did. I kept trying to convince him not to get it, but he really wanted it, it was ridiculous. Surprise, surprise, by the time he got his face painted it was time to go! The festival was from 11-2, and it pretty much was 2:00 by the time he got his dragon.

On the walk back to the subway, we saw a lady walking a pig on a leash! That was the highlight of the trip for me! I never thought I'd see a pig as a pet in New York City?!?! And we got a free kite :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home